Sunday, October 4, 2015

GO! Flowering Snowball

Which GO! dies make up my favorites? The ones that have shapes I would find it such a pain in the neck to cut out, I'd never even consider making the quilt. The latest to fit this bill would be the Flowering Snowball. What a gorgeous block! I hope to make up a bed quilt with this one eventually, but I settled on a table runner to start out easy.


The first block I sewed up came out perfectly! Exactly 12 1/2" square. The next one came out as well. By the third block, I was apparently getting a bit cocky (aka careless), and I stretched out the bias curves. A little starch and a hot iron brought the block back into square. I was more careful with the last one, and it came out exact again. Lesson learned: careful on the bias!

But, oh, I'm really loving this! (Here it is out on my deck. Can you tell we're having a very Fall overcast day?)


And it looks so pretty on my table.


Meanwhile, I'm still on my GO! a week plan. Coming up:


6 comments:

  1. That turned out beautifully. You're making more of us believers each time you sew just an awesome project. Brrrr. I've been cold all day. Oh, I love who's peeking out of the car. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My toes have been cold all day! I'm really happy with the table runner -- and you have to love the Ghastlies!!

      Delete
  2. Oh so pretty!! Nice to use the die to cut them out...i do a lot of die cutting--too, Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful table runner, Terrie!

    ReplyDelete