Sunday, January 2, 2011

Go! Christmas Tree Table Runner

I really wanted a better picture of the table runner, so I braved the cold yesterday out on my deck (for all of about two minutes) to get a better picture.  I am so happy with how this project came out – I love the purple binding.  Still not a great picture but a little better on color.

For those of you who are interested, I used the two inch square die and the Holiday die.  If you have it (I don’t), you could also use the 6 1/2" square die.

Finished Size: 14 3/4" by 48 1/2"

Cutting Directions:

  • White background fabric (1/2 yard): seven 6 1/2" squares
  • Squares for seven blocks (scraps): 14 fabrics, eight 2" squares of each
  • Trees (scraps): seven trees, approximately 5 1/2" square each, with fusible webbing attached (I used Lite Steam-a-Seam 2).  You can use the Go! or simply free cut any simple tree shape.
  • Sashing (1/4 yard): thirty-seven rectangles, 6 1/2" by 1 1/4"
  • Cornerstones (1/8 yard): twenty-four 1 1/4" squares
  • Binding: 1/4 yard for single fold binding

I think the assembly is pretty straightforward on this.  I liked using (primarily) Kaffe Fasset fabrics: one, because it allows me to keep the runner up past Christmas and two, because I love them.  The Fasset fabrics really give the trees movement.  The color on this photo is pretty awful but it shows the design.  This is my favorite tree.

And the quilt on my dining room table, where it is going to live for a month or two, I think. 

Next?  I finished sewing up a little 13-Square foundation yesterday.  I should have that little quilt up either later today or tomorrow.  Once the semester starts up again this sewing party will slow down, of course, but it sure is fun while it lasts!

4 comments:

  1. The snowy deck was a perfect back drop for the picture, looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Terri. It is adorable. I love how you showcased the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Terrie.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete