Thursday, April 14, 2016

One Thing Leads to Another

Well, I started with the little squares I had cut from the leftover charms, and I made the little basket (which I forgot to take a picture of -- oops). And then I thought about using some of the squares I had left to make up a hot pad. Like this:


I took a bunch of photos and meant to write it up last weekend and then accidentally deleted the photos. (Oops, again!)

So I made up another so I could take some photos.

To begin, I once again used Pellon's 1" fusible grid interfacing. I cut 12 by 12 on the squares and then cut out a two inch square from each corner.


I laid out thirty-two 2" squares on the grid and pressed.


After folding over and sewing as usual, I made a small cut at the corners to meet the seam line.


I also trimmed off a wee bit from the seam allowance.


The little cut I made meant I could press open the seams at the cut-out corners as well.



Seams all sewn and pressed! So fast and easy. I love it.



After I grabbed a bit of spare batting, I settled for some easy straight line quilting.


I used the AccuQuilt GO! 8" circle die to cut out the hot pad circles--  the cross lines make it easy to center the patchwork.


So I ran the pieced and quilted section thru, and then a little Insul-Bright, a backing piece, and another piece of batting. Easy peasy.


So, it may have taken be a little longer to get there, but this little duo accounts for my GO! Sew Challenge for last week and this week. Whew. That's good, because this quilter just had a very nasty bout of food poisoning, or maybe the flu, and I am wrung out. Writing this up is the only thing I've accomplished all day. I could use better photos or perhaps more time in Photoshop but, hey, sometimes good enough is good enough, right?

And, as Scarlett said, Tomorrow is another day!

3 comments:

  1. Another wondeful project via the Go. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The GO! is keeping me busy, that's for sure.

      I'm feeling better, knock on wood. Not a hundred percent yet, but definitely better. If there's any justice, I'll keep off the pounds I lost!

      Delete
  2. I have a copy of Miniatures in Minutes and have been reading through it. I thought to use my home inkjet printer although you wrote you have experienced ink transfer with an inkjet printer. But I'm confused. If the nonprinted side is the fabric side, how does the ink transfer?

    This method of using the 1" grid interfacing is ingenious.

    ReplyDelete