Sunday, November 15, 2015

GO! Dove of Peace



As I was finishing up this table runner, I couldn't help but think of Paris and the other cities and countries that have so recently suffered at the hands of terrorists. I believe with all my heart that love is stronger than hate, that those who do good in the world vastly outnumber those who do evil, and that while peace remains elusive, the very fact we cherish it as a dream speaks to the best of who we are.


 I used three GO! dies in the making of this quilt: the dove, the 6" finished quarter-square triangle, and the 1 1/2" strip cutter (for single fold binding).  I rotary cut the central squares 6 1/2" (6" finished).


Wishing peace and comfort to the City of Light, to Beirut, to Russia and all who have suffered these attacks.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your meaningful thoughts and appropriate appliquéd doves of peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an odd convergence to be finishing up that quilt just as the news from Paris was coming in.

      Delete
  2. Like you, we`re all wishing for peace all around the world.

    ReplyDelete