Monday, December 21, 2015

GO! On

It's a keep on keeping on kind of week. Finishing up the semester madness. Very little time for sewing. But since I've been lucky enough (ha!) to have had middle of the night insomnia several nights running, and since last night after counting my breaths for an hour trying to get back to sleep, I finally gave up and went down to the sewing room . . . I managed to get the top to the AccuQuilt GO! Drunkard's Path table runner done!


One of the things I really like about the drunkard's path block is that, once its made, I can trim it square with some wiggle room on what size I make the blocks.  In this case, given the table top I need the table runner to fit, I trimmed the square circle units to 6 1/2 inches square (6 inch finished).


Now I just need to find the time to quilt it before Friday. Along with all those other little sewing projects I'd still like to get done. Sure I can . . .  my capacity for self-delusion about how much I can get done rises in direct proportion to how much closer Christmas celebration gets!

4 comments:

  1. Oh it came out so well!! Love that die--I got my Charm pack-- Moda's Toile --Christmas fabrics to make for next year. i have two long narrow tables in my tv room and would like to make matching runners--thanks for the heads up from your other post about how 5" charms fit so well...Have a wonderous Christmas and a Healthy New Year hugs x2 Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drunkard's path is one of my favorite dies -- so versatile and so easy to use with a charm pack!

      Delete
  2. P.S. Hope you don't mind that I HAD to "copy" yours--I even broke my fabric diet again...it's like trying to eat just one potato chip--not gonna happen lol Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I don't mind! And I totally understand about breaking those fabric diets. But, hey, we need those little indulgences to keep up our will for the big picture.

      Delete