Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mug Rugs to Go!

Mug rugs are addictive.  So little and cute.  And then there’s the peer pressure!  Even though I just did a mug rug swap, there’s still so many cute little ones popping up all over the quilt blog world.  I had so much fun using the AccuQuilt to make these up.

The Dresden Plate die is so versatile.  First, there’s an actual Dresden Plate (well, part of one).  I love how the quilting adds so much texture to the linen background.  Up close and personal, it reminds me of water marks on sand.

And then, as I mentioned in my last blog entry, there’s the pie wedge mug rug tutorial from Quilt Dad.

The next two use the Circles die.  First, a big circle (5").  I had started this one weeks ago thinking it might work for my mug rug swap partner.  She didn’t comment on the beginnings, so I set it aside.  Yesterday, I decided it was time to finish it up.  I love those Heather Bailey fabrics.

The Cherish Nature mug rug used the 2" circle.

And finally, my little Dalmatian mug rug.  This was clearly the easiest, but it just might be my favorite.  I’m such a dog person, which means seriously in love with puppies, and well, it’s hard to beat a Dalmatian puppy for sheer loveable cuteness!

I’ve got a bunch more ideas  in my sketchbook, but before I can get to those, there’s a Spring themed AccuQuilt project coming up that takes priority.

And don’t even ask about those Civil War sampler blocks I absolutely must catch up on!

10 comments:

  1. First time visitor, I think. Love all your mug rugs-- they are just charming! And they are all so different. I love the quilting you did on the Dresden plate one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mug rugs all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mug rugs are great, each unique. The circle ones are my favs, especially the larger circle balanced by the strips. Nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have been having lots of fun. They all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I hadn't even thought of using the dies for mug rugs. Talk about being stuck in the box!! Thanks for waking me up to a whole load of new ideas! And by the way, I just love your FMQ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mug rugs are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilting on the dresden plate mug rug - Deanna - Skinfizzical.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a bit behind...catching up slowly.

    The quilting on that dresden plate is reallly good. I love the textures. I may borrow that idea!

    And I'm lovin the circles.

    Cheers,
    AJ

    ReplyDelete