Monday, January 2, 2017

Ready, Set, GO!

So, 2016 was a challenge in so many ways. I enter 2017 with a sewing room that needs a lot of organization but is, thank you very much, functional. I also limp in after some surgery that's knocked me back several months worth. So it goes. That said, I'm ready to get back up and doing.

A year back I was doing my own personal challenge, the GO! Sew Challenge. I felt like I wasn't using my Accuquilt GO! enough, so I decided that every week I would work on a project that used it in some way. Sometimes it felt intimidating figuring out what I was going to do, but I actually really liked how it kept me moving. So, in that spirit, that's how I'm starting out the new year.

I have two big sewing intentions to begin with -- one, another GO! Sew Challenge, and two, working on finishing up some of the backlog of projects in process.

Week 1. I've pulled out a project I worked on earlier this year -- it uses the Hexagon and Fall Medley dies to create hot pads. I just need to add binding to one of the hot pads and I'll be done.




I think they're pretty darn cute.

I need to make a shades of red quilt for a mini quilt swap and the GO! is great for cutting out triangles trimmed just the way I need for the paper foundations. These will finish at 1 inch square.


Here's a broader view of the quilt in process:


And in the spirit of finishing, I also finally got to quilting the red and white everlasting tree quilt. Now it just needs binding.


So, here it is. A good start, I think.

4 comments:

  1. Beaquilter is going to have an Accuquilt Sampler quilt along this year. I'm not sure if it's a block of the month or not. Check her blog for details (upcoming.)
    http://www.beaquilter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you heading back into your sewing room. It's a good feeling to get those creative juices flowing once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel good to be back in a sewing room! Here's hoping I get a lot done down there!

      Delete