Still working on things in process — and still easily distractible. So, as I was hunting for one thing in the sewing room, I uncovered another. Oh, yeah — these cute little spool blocks that I thought (how long ago?) I might like to hand sew.
As to the hand sewing part? Yeah. That was a big not. But I’ve been making 8-pointed stars for the medallion quilt, so I’m in mode on inset seams. I decided to sew up a couple of these spool blocks on the sewing machine. Worked just fine. Which meant it was time to pull out the reproduction fabric little bits bin.
And stamp some patches.
See what’s so nice about those? They have the sewing line marked which makes it really easy to know exactly where to stop for those inset seams. Anyway, I stamped and stamped and stamped some more, and then I cut out (this all took more time than I care to think about), and now I have a pile of patches sorted and ready to sew.
I sewed up the mini Dresden Plate and thought about making a pincushion with it. I sewed on a backing and stuffed it with walnut shells and, sad to say, 1) it did not look good and 2) it was really flat. The pins just went right on thru to the table beneath. So I took it back apart. Now I’m thinking I might make it into a little coaster and call it good.
It is awfully cute. I never ever get tired of Civil War era reproduction fabrics. They just make me happy.