So, one set of blocks that have been haunting the closet shelves are gone. First, I made a baby quilt.
Very bright and happy.
Then I took the leftover blocks and made a pile of hot pads. I used the AccuQuilt GO! to cut the circles.
I think they look very summery!
I also finished up a little miniature quilt in process that had been stuffed in a drawer for several years. When I took the photo, I was still tacking down binding so that explains the clips in the corners.
That miniature was an experiment. Believe it or not, the central piecing -- the shoo-fly blocks and the sashing -- was all done on a single foundation using Fold and Sew. It worked but was way too fussy to be a truly viable method. Still, I'm impressed it worked as well as it did!
And then, for this weeks GO! Sew Challenge, I'm working on finishing up another project that has been sitting in the closet for years. (So-o-o-o many of those!) This will be another baby quilt for a charity. This quilt was a round robin. I'm using the GO! dies to finish in some blank areas that I think need some filling. At this stage, I'm just cutting out paper shapes to see how they fit.
We'll see where I am next week. Right now, it just feels right to work on clearing out the old before bringing in any more new.