Sunday, June 25, 2017

I Can Almost

See Clearly Now

At least, that's the plan. I'm in-between cataract surgeries. Things are looking pretty wonky with one eye recovering from the surgery and my other eye its out of focus self. I'm feeling particularly grateful to the library for downloadable audio books! 

I had my own true love searching through the romance category for me. Poor guy. The titles nearly did him in. I'm late on the audio book train. I've always preferred just to read, but so far I've been through a Debbie Macomber novella and novel and I'm just about halfway through a Eileen Goudge novel. 

I set up some lightweight work for the sewing room. Lord knows what I'll think of my seams once I get decent eyesight again, but finished and imperfect is better than unfinished perfect in mind only, right? 

I pulled out a project I started years ago. Now it's up on my newly created design wall. (I have a design wall! I have a design wall! After all these years, I have a design wall! -- Can you tell I'm thrilled?)




I designed this years ago in EQ. Now I'm remembering why I shoved it in the closet partway done all those years ago. That's a lot of 4" stars!


Still, coming onto the fourth, this seemed like a good project to work on. 

Since I designed it in EQ, it was possible to come up with some really different looking versions. Here's the red, white, and blue version I'm working on: 


And here it is in reproduction pink and brown: 


It never ceases to amaze me what color and fabric choice does to a design. 

And so, this is it for me. I'm done squinting at the screen. Time to listen to a book on tape for a bit. I'm enjoying that more than I expected. I read relatively fast, so having the experience where every word gets its due is new for me. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected I would. Old dog, new tricks.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were getting your eyes done! Glad everything is going well. Love your revived stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those stars, too. I'm really happy to be making progress on it. And I am really curious as to what my vision is going to be like once I have both eyes done!

      Delete
  2. I hope your world is back in focus soon, Terrie! I like how the brown and pink change your star quilt into something that seems completely different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a different looking quilt, isn't it? Not that I'm eager to make up another version that would require oodles more of those little stars! And I'm hoping my world comes back into focus soon, too!

      Delete