Sunday, January 8, 2012

The 11 Project Progress Plan

Doesn’t that sound official?  Downright corporate.  But it’s only just us – us being my Kindred Spirits quilt group (or whatever we are calling ourselves these days – Quiltie Buddies Extraordinaire).

So, here’s the deal: since we all have a few (ahem) unfinished projects stuffed here and there, we decided on a plan to work on them this coming year.  We each made a list of 11 projects, making sure to number them.  At the first meeting of the month, we pull a number at random.  That’s the project we work on some during the month.

We’re a user friendly bunch.  You don’t have to finish the project.  You can work on other projects, too.  (Well, of course).  Just  a little progress.  That’s the plan.

The number for January?  #9

For me, that is the Asian Pyramid Triangles, a project I worked on with a friend quite a while ago.  Last year this time, perhaps?  In any case, Vickie, who is approximately a gazillion times more efficient than I am, finished hers.  I got the top assembled as far as you see in the photo above.  But I also had these bits ready to go.

And these:

So, more rows to the top.  That’s the plan.

Meanwhile, I made up another iPad 2 sleeve using the pattern I posted over on Pattern Spot.  I posted it in my Etsy Shop.  I’m really impressed with how the button for closing the flap lined up with the circles on the fabric – pure serendipity.

And because I love making these (and I don’t even own an iPad!), I’ve got another ready to make up.  Because who doesn’t love the Ghastlies?

I’m getting held up because I am out of fusible fleece.

Really.  This is unheard of. 

Our local Joann’s is moving to a bigger store – and I’m all for that.  But it’s meant months of them not having anything left in stock (as they went into clearance mode months ago).  I really underestimated how much of certain things I would need.  Which leaves me out of my favorite linen and out of fusible fleece.

I could drive to the next town over and visit their JoAnn’s.  In fact, I know I’m going to have to.  Meanwhile?  I’m just whining.

But it’s not like I don’t have anything to do in my sewing room, right?  I mean, there is the 11 Project Progess Plan!

5 comments:

  1. That is an intriguing little plan you and your buddies have devised. I like that you just have to make progress, not that you are committing to finishing those old UFO's. After all, they are like fine wine as they are ready when they're ready and not a moment sooner. No forcing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've taken out my #9 and I'm ready to make progress. I love Taryn's comment about fine wine. I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been awarded the Liebster Blogger Award by Julie at It's A Busy Life, go to my blog and read all about it!!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your iPad covers are wonderful ! Wish I had an iPad . Maybe I can just walk around with the case, no one need know their is no iPad inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I found your blog from Timeless Reflections. I think the idea is a neat one. That you are working together should produce some interesting results.

    ReplyDelete