Wednesday, July 20, 2016

GO! Squares

Isn't it nice to use up little bits, the leftovers of this and that?  I find it SO satisfying!

Our department administrative staff has been getting hammered with challenges this summer. They are the best staff ever, and they seem to have an apparently endless store of patience while they deal with faculty and students. I thought a little cheering on was in order.

First, I made up some little fabric baskets.



I used the Pink Penguin fabric basket pattern -- one of my favorite patterns.



Because baskets alone are not near gratitude enough, I actually filled them with chocolate before passing them on.  I work on the principle that chocolate always makes things better.

I used the GO! two inch square die and Pellon's fusible grid. (I did a blog post years ago showing how I use the die and the grid.  You can find it here if you are interested). I also had some leftover blue charms, so I made up another couple little things.



Another basket  and a zipper case. I love vinyl windows -- so useful! Kind of a pain in the neck to sew, but I love the result.



And then, I've still been crocheting up a wee storm -- making up chalkboard wipes for the wedding (which is right around the corner!) -- I am a sucker for little projects.


Of course, my quilts in process collection would be a lot smaller if I was as big a fan of finishing large projects as I am of finishing the small. I'm putting that bit of truth into the "oh, well" column -- as Popeye would say, I am who I am. If I haven't managed to become a more perfect version of myself by now, it's just not going to happen. On the list of sins, I'm saying unfinished quilt projects is small potatoes. I still want to work at finishing them, but I've decided to give up feeling guilty about them.

Am I the only one? How do you justify that unfinished pile?
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure your staff will enjoy receiving your special treasures. Justifications? I don't even try! :0)

    ReplyDelete