Saturday, May 27, 2017

Home Sweet Home

No working on the little squares in squares this last week. Instead it was time to finish up another little quilt swap -- this time with the theme houses and villages.




I wanted a happy neighborhood, so lots of bright colors.

This quilt is a pattern I bought from Cluck Cluck Sew.  Such a fun and easy pattern to make.

This next week I hope to work on the little reproduction quilt again. The week after a friend is coming in from out of town and we'll be working on a bigger project, so this next week is good for me.

When the semester is on, the summer looks like it will be a vast sea of time. Playtime at that. But then the reality is I have a number of other commitments, and there's still school work to do even if I'm not teaching (I have a new class to design). Still, no complaints. There's a lot more time than otherwise. I'm hoping to get a lot done. (I always hope.)

And I did get another little red and white(ish) pincushion done this last week.


I love that wooden bowl. Obviously hand-carved. It was my mother's, and my grandmother's before her. It sits on my dining room table and I get to admire it everyday.

6 comments:

  1. Great little houses and love the tree fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that tree fabric. This just seemed the perfect project for it! Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy every moment of summer break. Your family bowl is beautiful. What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No grading to do! I hope you'll enjoy the time you do have. The little houses are darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look at my desk and there are no papers to grade. BLISS!

      Delete