Saturday, May 20, 2017

When It Snows

Well, here in Colorado it's been making more like winter than spring. Snow and more snow. Whenever I dared to stick my nose out the deck door, all I heard was the snap of tree limbs cracking throughout the neighborhood. Ouch.

Though, I have to say, bad weather makes for good sewing. The miniature quilt in plaid got finished.


I really liked the little one that got sent off in the quilt swap.


So I'm making another one, in softer colors this time. (Hmmm. Terrible color in that photo. It's actually very soft and pretty, I think. Perhaps my photo once it's quilted will come out better? . . . Hope springs eternal.)



I really couldn't ask for a better way to unwind from end of the semester chaos than reproduction fabrics and little quilts.  Of course, before long I need to start prepping for a new class that's just beginning this fall. That will be fun though. So, reading, writing, sewing, crochet, and continuing my efforts to learn how to knit. My goals for the immediate future.

Ahhh . . . .

6 comments:

  1. All three are such lovely quilts. Glad you are finding time to sew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad to have time to sew. And there is so much for me to do, too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Because one can never have too many little quilts . . . .

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you we able to use these recent snow days productively. Your mini's are sweet as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got more little ones in process to finish up, of course. I have high hopes for this summer. (But then, I always do!)

      Delete