Monday, April 6, 2009

Christmas in April

Every Christmas Eve I tell myself that next year I’m going to be on top of things, that I’m going to start sewing up gifts early and that I will not, will not, be in my sewing room finishing up gifts as the clock ticks down to Christmas. 

Who knew I would actually follow through?  Certainly not me.  But, hey, look at this – Christmas in April!

 red-and-white-basket

 neutrals-basket

I love these baskets!  The basket pattern comes from Pink Penguin

amy-butler-basket

Click here to open her wonderful tutorial.  Ayumi graciously allowed me to post a miniature version of the pieced section of the basket as a project on my website.  Click here to hop over to the projects page of my website where you can download a PDF file that includes directions on how to use the 13-Square foundation from Miniatures in Minutes to make the pieced section of the basket, as well as cutting directions and notes on some minor modifications I made to Pink Penguin’s pattern.  The quilt layout diagram in the project matches this basket:

basket blues

No comments:

Post a Comment