Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pretty, Pretty

Usually I just hang my little quilts by using a dowel over a couple of pins.  It works great and they are easy to switch out.  But I saw this little display stand and couldn’t resist.  What a perfect way to display a miniature quilt!

alt

The size of the stand could have been designed to go with the quilts from Miniatures in Minutes.  The fit is that spot on.  Here’s another one.

alt

I think these would be perfect for gift giving, a little quilt and a stand to display it on. 

I ordered my stand from Patchwork & Paint.  They have a whole selection of cute little hangers.  Giving me a severe case of the “I wants.”

Like this one perhaps?  Surely I could figure a matched set of three little quilts to show off in that . . . .

image

Or this cute little seasonal hanger for a winter themed quilt?

image

And it’s a well known fact that you can never have too many Halloween quilts.  This could surely inspire one or two.

image

Perhaps I need to start putting my list together for Santa.  Fortunately, I know Santa quite well and he’s a very indulgent fellow.  (He has to be since Mrs. Santa – aka me – approves all his game purchases.  There it is.  The key to a successful marriage: enabling each other’s hobbies.)

2 comments:

  1. The stand is really nice for hanging miniatures. Something I would like to have but I need to make the little quilts first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Girl! Love the triangle quilt on top. What amazed me was I saw the book Miniatures in Minutes on the side... I was just looking for this book about 3 hours ago - and have it on my want list :) I didn't realize you were the same person as the one on flickr! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete