It’s always so much fun starting a project. I have to admit it’s a bit addictive – which certainly explains why I have so many quilts in process. I don’t know that I’d go so far as to say it’s my goal this year not to do that (because that’s just asking for trouble), but I am trying to keep in mind that finishing a big project is also very rewarding!
I’m hoping that means I’m going to just keep right on going with this one. Let’s call it an intention.
No miniatures here. These blocks will finish at 7 1/2" square.
That second block really allowed me to play the Gidget and Gadget game. First, I cut out circles with the AccuQuilt.
I bought a yard of this stuff at a guild meeting quite some time ago, and now I really wish I knew what the name of the product is! It’s a water soluble fiber, so it has nice stiffness at this stage of the game but will turn to mush and mostly just disappear once the quilt is washed.
I cut slightly larger circles using the Olfa Circle Cutter. So easy!
Then I used glue stick on the dissolvable fiber and folded over the fabric edges. After I pressed it nice and flat, I added the little dots of Roxanne’s Glue-Baste-It which makes it easy to adhere to the block before stitching it down.
My own true love isn’t wild about the fabric choices but so far I really love them. They are very glow-ey in person.
With any luck, I’ll have more to show tomorrow.