Thursday, January 13, 2011

Queensland Flood Relief Auction

Like everyone else, I’ve been reading about the flooding in Queensland and feeling so saddened by the terrible struggles the people there are facing. It is simply lovely that Toni from Make it Perfect is organizing a Queensland Flood Appeal Auction. She’s asked bloggers to put up products they’ve made for auction.

Photobucket

On Monday, she will have a master list up at her blog of people who are running auctions. The auction will run through January 24 to allow plenty of time for bidding. Each blog participating runs its own auction, so if you are interested in my auction, you will bid here.

Here’s how it works:

1. Bidding will start at $25.
2. You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.
3. Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
4. This auction is open to everyone. I will cover postage.
5. The auction begins NOW and will END at midnight on Monday 24th January 2011.
6. At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address or that it is published in your profile so that I can contact you). The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email. Once proof of payment has been received, I will post your book and mini quilt.

I am auctioning a copy of my book, Miniatures in Minutes, along with a quilt from the book.

You can choose either of the two following quilts. Simply tell me which one you prefer.

The first option is “Mittens and Bows.” It measures 12 3/4" by 12 3/4".

Or, if you prefer a reproduction style, you could choose “Dargate Ribbons” (11" by 12 1/2").

Thank you for participating and happy bidding!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Terrie, I will start at $25.00 and I like Mittens & Bows

    ReplyDelete
  2. $30 - I like the mittens and bows too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bid $40, and would love to hang the Dargate Ribbons in my powder room.
    Kathie L in Allentown
    kathryn dot laposata @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will bid $50 for Dargate and ribbons
    would love to own a quilt of yours for my wall of little quilts as well as donate to such a great cause!
    thanks
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will up my bid of January 14th to $55.00.
    Elyte

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats to Elyte
    she is going to love your quilt.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll up the bid for Dargate Ribbons to $65. Kathie L in Allentown
    kathryn dot laposata at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll go $70 and would still like Mittens & Bows
    Elyte
    elytesteohens@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete