Thursday, May 30, 2013

Paper Piecing Sort

Today’s sewing room task involved going through my  paper piecing patterns.  I suspect a good many of us quilters have them – those perfectly lovely patterns that for some reason or other we never get to, and now the thrill is gone. So, these guys are listed in my Etsy shop, too.  Here’s a few to give you an idea.  You can click on the Daisy Fair link to see more.

And because finishing the French General pincushions reminded me of how much I like sewing those little guys up, I started another little grouping.  Here they are with the patches set up: some pretty red and white, some hand-dyes, a little Kaffe Fasset love, and shades of purple because, you know, purple. My lilacs are in bloom!

For any who are interested, I am, of course, using a Miniatures in Minutes foundation to make these up.  You can find pdf directions for how I use the 13-square foundation to make up pincushions on my Projects 2010 page.

I still have a lot of cleaning to do in my sewing room, but it feels good just to start.  Isn’t it odd?  There are times it feels great to collect.  Then, we reach a tipping point.  After that, it feels really good to de-collect.  That’s where I’m at. 

Most of the templates I listed are already on their way to a new home.  It makes me happy that 1) they are no longer in my sewing room and 2) they will soon be in the hands of someone who will actually use them.  Now, there’s a win-win.

How about you guys?  Are you in collect or de-collect mode?  (Oh, I should hope you’re in collecting mode – like hopping over to my Etsy shop and collecting what I’ve listed there!)

4 comments:

  1. All year I have been In a decluttering mood and have gotten some
    UFO completed. Of course, there are still many piles and projects, but I'm ready to start some new things! So I guess I'm in a collecting mood with restrictions. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the "collecting mood with restrictions" idea. That is pretty much the deal.

      Delete
  2. Lately I feel trapped by my stuff....not sure what to do about it...not ready to get rid of it all...but I am definitely not buying more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. It's why I am getting rid of stuff: it begins to feel like a burden. I'm trying to pare down to what I think I'll actually use, or might use.

      I've done a lot of decluttering over the years (just not in my sewing room till now) and really, there are very few things I regret getting rid of. Though I'll admit, there are a few things I wish I'd held onto.

      For quilters, there's just so much cool stuff: it's way too easy to collect!

      Delete