Monday, December 31, 2012

The Free-Motion Quilt Challenge

Whew!

January: Leaves

February: Feathers

March: Loops and Stars

April: Tulle Netting Design Transfer

May:  Railroad Tracks

June:  Filler Play

July: Boxes

August: Jester Hats

September: Feather Motif

October: Thread and Design Free Form

November: Spirals

December:  Kaleidoscope Kreator Feathers

 

What have I learned?

1) That I really love the potential for gorgeous design with free-motion quilting.

2)  I’ve got a lot further to go.

3)  But my stitches are getting more even.  Not there yet but I see improvement.

4)  I prefer really free design to tracing a drawn design.

5)  I think I’m on my way with spirals!  As with everything else, I’ve got a ways to go before I’ve got control, but they are looking a lot better.

6) Ditto for feathers!  I’m not there yet – not by a long shot – but I can see definite improvement.

7) I’ve learned that I can do this.  I can focus and practice and get better!

I’ve learned so much.  I’ve signed up for several Craftsy classes and I’m ready to keep going.  Thanks, SewCalGal – as always, you are an inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. good for you for finishing the challenge! I wish I had kept up to. I have realized the biggest secret behind FMQ is just practice, and the permission to try it. good luck on your quest for even stitches. I haven't attained that goal either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOVE your last star, how did you do that? is that the fabric colored like that or did you color it afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Kaleidoscope Kreator to make the star. You can see a little more on that in my previous blog entry. And thanks, I really love how it came out, too!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic! You can't learn to do it if you only sit on the side lines. Hey, Terrie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful set of samplers! I especially love your take on the Kaleidoscope Kreator challenge. Your piece looks almost like cutwork lace from a distance - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Terrie these are wonderful. I love machine quilting, the rhythm of it and of course the finish product.

    ReplyDelete