Friday, November 23, 2012

Playtime

Well, it’s been break and I’ve had a swell time playing in the sewing room.  That slows down dramatically today as I need to get back to grading, but meanwhile, here’s the fun I had this week.  First, I finally got the drunkard’s path quilted.

So, the quilting is kind of boring.  I originally had a leafy design I was planning on using but I did up a section of the table runner, and, to be blunt, it looked utter crap.  So, after an hour picking out those stitches, I decided a simple stipple was the better part of valor (not to mention my best shot of getting it done in time for family and friends visiting Thanksgiving Day).

I am A-Okay with the stipple . . . and very happy with the runner on my table.

And I made up oodles of bookmarks to list in my Etsy shop.  There’s the fun Steampunk ones.

And some vintage posters I just love:

There’s the bookmarks with bikes:

Men in flight:

And some Kaffe Fasset fun as well:

And more that you can see in the shop if you’re interested.  I did make a change in how I’m doing the image on linen bookmarks.  With the tutorial I did last year, I showed cutting out a window for the images.  This year I decided it was faster and just as nice to simply fuse and sew them down.  If you’re interested in making some of the bookmarks yourself, check out the tutorial listed on the sidebar or simply click here.  And if you are looking for a great place to find vintage images, check out the Graphics Fairy.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been seriously busy. Sorry that work has to interfere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your work, Terrie! I have an Accuquilt GO!Baby and am going to try out your projects. i have never worked with the gridded pellon before--it looks like a lot of fun and quick :--))

    ReplyDelete