Monday, November 12, 2012

The Latest Wee Thing

Once again, it is time to start thinking about those bookmarks I make for family and friends each year for Christmas.  I played around this morning and came up with these.

I’m still in my use it up mode, so I decided to try and use up some of the left over charm squares I have lying about.  Aren’t these fabrics just so pretty?

I pieced a little bit for the backing.

Very sweet. 

Not exactly manly for the Y chromosome crowd.  Batiks might be the ticket.  Batiks in manly colors.  We’ll see.  Meanwhile, these make me happy.

I made more than the two shown, so I already have extra on this type.  This pair just got listed in my Etsy Shop Daisy Fair (just in case anyone is so moved).

Meanwhile, sometime in the next few weeks I’ll do up a little tutorial on these – though they are so easy you don’t really need one.  Never the less.  Why not?

Oh, and here’s the Xmas ornaments on a darker background.  A little better?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ornaments and love the bookmark idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my these are cute. Great idea. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete